Saturday 1 October 2011

#24HCD first post

24Hour Comic day is a challenge to create a 24 page comic from scratch in 24 hours. I've tried before and failed, because I drastically underestimated the effort involved. I've spent a year getting to grips with digital tools working on www.wychwolf.com and have settled on a workflow which suits me, though I still struggle to break out of the basic side view shot of characters from the knees up. What have  found is that adding more constraints in terms of time and theme actually help me work, so to extend the constraints even further I have also added the idea that I will tell a comic story using a format akin to a child's  A to Z book. One of the first illustration jobs I had years ago was doing just this, (apple on a bed by Collins educational ) and I really enjoyed the invention around the simple script.

No comments:

Post a Comment