Sunday 6 July 2014

Help me Dr Zaius - Ten Ton Sketch Challenge - Planet of the apes

Because I'm lazy ... and know my limitations I thought it would much easier to draw the Simpsons "Planet of the apes " musical version of PotA for this weeks ten ton sketch challenge.
However it's not quite as simple as it appears. In fact a bit of a struggle to try and get the look right, and the inks flat enough. I emerge from this exercise with a renewed appreciation of the Simpsons animation team.
Anyway...
To recap the Ten ton rules mean NO DIGITAL manipulation.

So sketched with 0.5mm pentel P205 2B retractable pencil on A4 Deleter comic book paper (which is rubbish at holding watercolour ink)


Inked with 0.3mm and 0.5mm Micron pigment markers and COPIC CIAO brush tip pens...



Coloured with Dr Martens watercolour inks, highlights and lowlights with TRIA pantone markers and PITT pastel white pencil ...



and the real thing:


No comments:

Post a Comment