Thursday 25 September 2014

#24HCD 2014 preparations

I was at out University of Brighton Grand Parade Campus today for a team meeting, and took the opportunity to nip into the Union shop.
Grand Parade has an arts focus, so the Union shop stocks artists supplies, including stacks of paper. I bought a dozen sheets of A2 Layout paper which looked the most promising "anti-bleed" paper if used with COPIC markers.
A quick test during our afternoon discussions proved that the super cheap 6p a sheet paper is up to the job, and I'll be using it for next weekend's #24HCD.


So the plan is to draw big, and fast on A2 in plain Black and White, photographing the results rather than scanning. I think if I'm brave enough I may ink direct, rather than laying out in pencil first too... I guess it depends on how complex the pics turn out to be.

More as it happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment