Thursday 28 May 2009

Into the dark


A while back Dom wanted to create a web comic, and we started working on a couple of simple stories, involving a character called Ned. I think his interest waned, so I have re-constituted the story to test an idea I had while listening to the penny arcade/PVP D&D podcasts. They were obviously having such a great time, it seemed worth having a go at doing a strip based on the "metagaming" I came up with the idea of a game driven by cards, which form the first panel.
I've done a couple but am generally quite unhappy with the art, as I tried deliberately to create characters that would be easy to redraw, and thus completely missed the point that what draws me to web comics is good artwork.
I'll work on this and post the results here.

No comments:

Post a Comment