Friday 20 March 2020

30 drawing apps in 30 days day 2 - Pro create

Procreate has a big fan base, and this time round I think I can see why.
With the apple pencil it's a very flexible and intuitive app.
There's a huge range of image size options including 4K.
The undo icons are obvious, the pinch and zoom is standard, the colour picker and handy palette is easy, but the place it stands out is the number of brushes. In fact there are probably too many of them.


I spent a while trying to get something I felt comfortable with and the feel is very convincing. At one point I experienced the unnerving feeling of trying to paint on greasy paper... startlingly real.

Unfortunately I'm quite boring in my brush and pen choice, I tend to set one up and stick with it. When I used to be an illustrator I did nearly everything with a 0.5mm Rotring isograph.

Anyway, apparently I bought this over 5 years ago, and have been getting updates for it ever since. Current price is £9.99 which is a bargain for what it does, and it's won the Editors award whatever that means.



Will I use it again? Probably not for another 5 years.



No comments:

Post a Comment